Saturday, May 15, 2010

Alex Real Estate

Alex Real Estate popped into my thoughts today as I Googled search phrases for various cities across the nation. Being competitive in the internet real estate market varies from location to location. For example, when typing "Sacramento Realtor" into a Google search today, I received About 2,350,000 results (0.22 seconds). When typing "Edmond Realtor" I got a return of about 104,000 results (0.18 seconds). That is 2,246,000 more results for the Sacramento search than the Edmond search. When typing "Chicago Realtor" the result was about 1,080,000 results in(0.35 seconds).

For grins and giggles, I typed "Alex Realtor" into the little, but powerful Google search box and was a little shocked when it displayed About 731,000 results (0.20 seconds). But as I looked down the through the hits, I realized there was not much of anything to be found about Alex, Ok. The little town where I had graduated from High School was not connected to the search phrase "Alex Realtor". Refining the search phrase to "Alex, OK, Realtor resolved the problem and I was able to find property and Real Estate Agents for this local area. Most of the listing for Alex were from Agents in nearby towns, however being more specific in the search achieved the results I was after. I saw some very nice properties listed near Alex. It's a quiet little town near the Washita River, located between Chickasha and Lindsay on Oklahoma State Hwy 19.



As I thought about searching and phrases, I related it to how communication with others with our verbal skills should be just as specific as searching for information on the internet. Maybe sometime when we request information from our spouses, children, or coworkers, we should be more accurate to avoid getting a lot of unnecessary or incorrect information back.

Keeping you informed:

Dreams Do Come True


No comments:

Post a Comment